|Title:||Jr Graphic Designer|
|Location:||White Plains, NY|
You will contribute to creating, maintaining and evolving the look of the NY NOW®, SURTEX®, National Stationery Show® & American Handcrafted™ shows. From concept and strategy to implementation of the mechanical files, you will assist the Senior Graphic Designer in layout, production, asset creation and graphic design projects for all events and communications – digital, print and onsite installations. Working at Emerald expositions is about events and creating experiences, and your role is to help bring those to life visually.
What We Want
We are looking for an artist who thinks strategically about communication and has the technical skills to take the ideas to reality. You will work efficiently on multiple projects and be comfortable with tasks that take you from HTML creation to contracts to mapmaking. You will work across all our teams (marketing, sales, retail relations and operations) to create assets that speak to attendees and brands alike.
- Assist the Senior Graphic Designer with creating assets for all teams:
- Marketing Relations: brochures, postcards, directories, show maps/floorplans, print advertising, web banners, HTML, mobile and video assets
- Sales: contracts, sales kits, reports, sponsor file assets
- Operations: DWG floorplans/maps, show graphics, signs
- Press/Media: Social media assets, photo editing and batching
- Manage the photography database and event shot list
- Develop best practices for design-related tools, services and resources across brands
- Maintain an organized file structure of content files, imagery, multimedia and copywriting
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of graphic design/production experience.
- B.A. or B.F.A in Graphic Design
- Mastery of Creative Cloud/Suite OSX including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign and all related graphics software
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience preferred
- Experience with HTML 5 a plus
- Comfortable working from an existing design or from scratch, utilizing our pre-established brand guidelines
- Knowledge of the following: print and web production (Spot/CMYK/RGB/Hex, ad resizing, trim/bleeds), font management, creating brand identity/logos and infographics
- Superior time and project management skills; able to handle multiple (often competing) priorities
- Ability to present and clearly articulate ideas
- Is accountable, takes direction with an open mind, seeks full ownership and takes initiative
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Proactive, independent worker that also enjoys working in a team environment
- Must provide a portfolio with a balanced selection of digital and print design samples
- Some travel
- A fun, flexible work environment
- Full benefits
- “Summer Fridays” early dismissal
- Attendance to HOW Design Live!