|Location:||White Plains, NY|
Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking a motivated sales professional to join our NY NOW team's home sector based out of our White Plains, NY office. We are searching for an ambitious hunter, with the ability to prospect and close new business. In this role you will be instrumental to the future growth of our shows through networking, selling in new business, and building relationships to meet & exceed sales goals.
As a Sales Manager, your key responsibilities are to:
- Uncover new exhibitor markets to generate new sales, grow and maintain prospecting data base.
- Sell exhibit space and sponsorships for assigned events and sections, via face-to-face visits, telephone calls and electronic communications to meet and exceed goals.
- Implement sales campaigns as assigned by Sales Director.
- Execute sales strategies to maximize exhibit space and sponsorship sales as assigned by Sales Director.
- Build strong relationships with influential and/or advocate accounts.
- Willingness/ability to travel overnight up to 10-15% of the time for up to a week.
- Work with section team(s) to collectively meet weekly, monthly, and overall sales targets.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Sales Director per the needs of the section(s)/show.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Outbound phone sales experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail in a deadline driven, team-oriented environment.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong team player who is able to accept feedback and direction well.
- Tenacious, with a proven ability to close new business.
- Computer savvy with high comfort level in MS Office and CRM software (Salesforce or similar).
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ demonstrated sales success.
- Prior sales/sales support with a desire and ability to actively participate in the sales process
- Experience in/passion for the interior design industry preferred.