|Location:||Culver City, CA|
Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach attendance and sales targets.
A Marketing specialist should be a competent professional able to grasp trends, analyze data and generate creative ideas. You should also be well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
ABOUT THE COMPANY + BRANDS
Learn more about Emerald Expositions at www.emeraldexpositions.com and more about additional brands you may be working on at:
- ASD Market Week: www.ASDonline.com
- IGES: http://iges.us/
- Source Direct: www.sourcedirectshow.com/asd
- National Industrial Fastener Show: www.fastenershows.com
- Working closely with the marketing directors, outside vendors, to provide production support for marketing efforts that grow exhibitor and attendee participation.
- Write copy and coordinate logistics for marketing tactics (direct and indirect) that include emails, direct mail, print, show directory, social media and digital ad campaigns aimed at growing attendance and sales.
- Analyze data to determine campaign efficiency.
- Coordinate the fulfillment for all marketing channels.
- Exposure to individual project budgets and costs; successfully monitors plan implementation against budget and timing.
- Proactively applies best practices from other assignments that improve process or performance of current show.
- Handles immediate requests for information providing utmost level of customer service and information.
- Keeps current on industry trends for assigned Expos for assigned group and is familiar with industry in which they focus as well as customer needs in those markets.
- Attends all shows and provides on-site support as assigned.
- Assist in coordination of webinars/seminars as assigned.
- Manage relationship with media partners and associations as assigned.
- Administrative responsibilities such as processing invoices, budget reconciliation, customer service, and other duties.
- Other Marketing Projects as determined by Marketing Management.
- Manage and maintain show websites and blogs.
REQUIREMENTS OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATE
- BS /BA Degree in Marketing, Business, Mew Media or Communications preferred.
- 2+ years marketing experience required.
- Copywriting experience with samples of recent work.
- Experience with marketing automation system a huge plus.
- Experience in Sales Force also a plus but not required.
- Excellent planning, prioritization, organization and multitasking skills. A strong attention to detail required. You must be extremely organized.
- Proactive and highly organized self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision and thrives in a very fast-paced environment, collaborative environment.
- Team player and motivated with a good attitude.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and perform under pressure. Must have excellent time management skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills a must.
- Experience with Social Media a strong plus.
- Strong database management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with websites and graphic design (WordPress, Dreamweaver, Photoshop) preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel to conferences and trade shows is required (up to 15%) including over weekends and holidays.
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on your findings.
- And most important, a strong work ethic is essential.