|Title:||Director, Event Marketing & Public Relations|
|Location:||White Plains, NY|
Emerald Expositions is seeking an energetic and high-caliber individual for the role of DIRECTOR, EVENT MARKETING & PR for a highly visible portfolio of shows.
With strategic direction from the VP, Marketing, you will be responsible for managing the relationship with the media for all shows, oversee social media strategies and special events happening on the show floor for the following shows: NY NOW™, National Stationery Show, SURTEX®, and American Handcrafted.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Media Relations: Proactively work with media (trade and consumer, across all platforms) to obtain pre-show and post-show coverage via aggressive media outreach
- Develop and maintain appropriate press lists for both trade and consumer media
- Secure pre-Market interview opportunities for NY NOW Show Director to drive awareness; assist in developing media responses
- Manage all media buys
- Manage all press releases
- Oversee marketing and execution of all onsite special events (includes but not limited to: talks on the show floor, book signings, seminars, happy hours, etc)
- Oversee Best New Product programs (includes securing judges, PR, etc)
- Research and identify potential influencers (i.e. authors, Trend Talk speakers, brand ambassadors) to partner with NY NOW as discussed and agreed upon at the beginning of the Market campaign
- Oversee social media strategies and marketing working with outside consultants
- Oversee iOS and Android apps for each show
- Team Player - this position reports to the VP, Marketing and will work on projects as needed with different stakeholders.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- BA/BS required; degree or major in Marketing, Communications or related field, strongly preferred.
- 5+ years event marketing experience in B2B
- Strong organizational skills and pays close attention to detail. Project management experience a must.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and directed person, requiring minimal supervision for successful assignment completion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple workloads and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and marketing performance knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office, CMS, email distribution programs
- Creative and innovative.
- Willingness to travel (10% or less)
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: